Free Smartphones for Youth 18+
Are you between the ages of 18-26 and a current or former youth in foster care?
You may be eligible for a free smartphone and a monthly cell plan including data through ACS and iFoster.
You’re eligible if:
- You’re a current or former youth in foster care (were in foster care on your 16th birthday or later)
- Between the ages of 18 and 26 (if you’re 26 you are eligible)
- Currently on Medicaid or eligible for Medicaid (iFoster can help you get coverage if you need it and qualify)
- Have a Medicaid number or iFoster can help you get it
- Currently do not have any LifeLine service (including an “Obamaphone) or have not had lifeline service or an “Obamaphone in the last 12 months).
5 Quick Steps to Getting a Free Smartphone:
- Sign up to be an iFoster member
- Already an iFoster member? Log into your account and find the free phone application under technology resources (or call iFoster and they will put it in your locker)
- Complete the free phone application and upload it to your locker
- iFoster will refer your application and then submit it
- iFoster will let you know when you expect your phone (usually within 2 weeks)
Need help? Watch a how-to video. You can also call 1-855-936-7837.
Download the flyer