The ADS Task Force was established by Local Law 49 of 2018. The law requires the Task Force to write a set of recommendations that address the following:
- A procedure for impacted individuals to request information on decisions involving automated decision systems;
- A procedure for the City to determine any disproportionate impact on protected categories of persons;
- A procedure for addressing any individual instances of “harm” if a system disproportionately impacts protected categories of persons;
- Feasibility analysis of archiving agency systems and its associated data;
- A process for publicly disclosing information about agency systems; and
- Criteria for identifying which systems should be subject to one or more of the above.
The Task Force is currently working on a report to be completed in late Fall 2019.