For Immediate Release
August 21, 2018TUESDAY: BUILDINGS DEPARTMENT HOLDS BROOKLYN HOMEOWNERS’ & SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS’ NIGHT
Experts from NYC Department of Buildings Provide One-on-One Guidance to Homeowners and Small Business Owners – NO APPOINTMENT REQUIREDBrooklyn, NY
– As part of City Hall in Your Borough events happening this week throughout Brooklyn, the Department of Buildings’ Brooklyn Borough Office is offering after-hours services and guidance to homeowners and small business owners. These sessions occur every Tuesday from 4:00pm to 7:00pm at DOB’s Borough Office at 210 Joralemon Street, 8th floor.
Brooklyn residents and small business owners can receive advice from DOB experts on their buildings and construction related questions.
Services offered at DOB’s weekly Homeowners’ and Small Business Owners’ Night include:
- Recommendations on steps to take when planning new construction or renovations of existing homes or buildings;
- Advice on home and business construction plans, including the application and permitting process;
- Directions on how to secure or amend a property’s Certificate of Occupancy;
- Information about the status of existing DOB applications;
- Instructions on how to resolve Department-issued violations;
- Guidelines on what to expect during an inspection; and
- Guidance on using the Buildings Information System (BIS) to search property history and permit information.
No advance appointment is required. Homeowners and small business owners are invited to simply visit DOB’s Brooklyn Borough Office and meet with a plan examiner or other Department professional. Homeowners and small business owners are encouraged to take advantage of these cost-free opportunities to consult with Department professionals and address the challenges New Yorkers often face when undertaking construction projects.
Follow us: twitter.com/nyc_buildings