Business Owner’s Bill of Rights
New York City is committed to providing New Yorkers with excellent Customer Service. This commitment extends to routine Agency inspections, which are necessary to protect the public’s health and safety. The Business Owner’s Bill of Rights ensures that business owners are provided with prompt, efficient, and easily accessible service.
Business Owners' RightsAs a business owner, you have the right to:
- Inspectors who are polite, professionally dressed and properly identified
- Information about how long inspections will take and the cost of all related fees
- Knowledgeable Inspectors who enforce Agency rules uniformly
- Request a review of inspection results or re-inspection as soon as possible
- Receive explanation from Inspectors (if requested) on violation details and instructions for viewing inspection results
- Access information in languages other than English and request language interpretation services for inspections. - Language Access.
- Comment, anonymously and without fear of retribution, on the performance or conduct of our employee
Click to view: