Building Systems Installation & Modifications: Mechanical
The Mechanical system of a building – heating, ventilation and air conditioning – provides indoor environmental comfort to occupants by maintaining thermal comfort and acceptable indoor air quality. Mechanical systems provide ventilation, reduce air infiltration, and maintain pressure relationships between spaces. The design, installation, and control systems of these functions are often integrated into one or more systems.
Service designers and mechanical engineers analyze, design and specify the mechanical system installation and modification requirements. Cooling, heating and ventilation of the building interior have the following components:
Primary Heating and/or Cooling Units
- Cooling Equipment. Chillers, Cooling Towers, Condensers, Pumps, Packaged Equipment
- Heating Equipment. Boilers, Furnaces, pumps, chimneys, flues and vent piping
- Energy Source. Oil, Gas, Electric, Solar*, another alternative fuel, or a combination
Primary Air Handling Equipment
- Air Handling Equipment. Heating and Cooling Water Coils, Refrigerant Coils
- Ductwork. Insulation and support
- Air Outlets. Grills and louvers
- Piping Insulation and Support
- Temperature. Air and water flow control equipment
- Air Volume Controlling Devices
- Thermostats. Aqua stats, humidity controllers
**Refer to specific guidelines for Boiler/ Burner/ Fuel/Chimneys, and Solar Energy source installations
Building Systems Installation & Modifications
Demolition COMING SOON!
New Buildings COMING SOON!