Project Sign-Off and Completion
Once the project is completed, the owner or the owner’s authorized representative must ensure the following items/tasks are completed/submitted prior to project sign-off: completed reports for all the required Special Inspections submitted by SIA’s; all required Department inspections are performed; self-certification of results performed by contractors of record are submitted; and the Department Final Inspection is performed.
- Submission of Special Inspections can be done online by Special Inspection Agency.
- Request for Department inspections required during various project stages online, and resolve any objections, if any.
- If the Contractor elects to self-certify the required DOB inspections, make sure to submit an online notice of intent to self-certify, which may be audited, followed by inspection results.
- Complete the final sign-off inspection to close the project.
- Substantive changes require a PAA. If the completed project has changes that are not substantive, As-built drawings are required. The Applicant-of-Record must submit revised as-built drawing(s) prior to project sign-off.
Required Department inspections must be scheduled through DOB NOW: Inspections
. The online portal provides the user with the ability to request and cancel appointments online, as well as view inspection results and documentation.
Additional Project Requirements