The Development HUB handles major construction projects requesting Standard Plan Examination. Permits are issued at the borough office where the project is located. A consultation is required.
In order to work with the Development HUB you must be registered to electronically file documents with the Department and you must meet the following qualifications:
- Your application must be a New Building (NB) or Alteration Type-1 (Alt-1) job or include the installation of solar panels or a green roof
- You must be a registered eFiling user. Visit the eFiling page on the Department’s website to become an eFiling user
- Your computer must have the following:
a. An internet connection (cable modem, DSL, etc.)
b. One of the following operating systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, Vista, OS X v10.5 or newer
c. A dual-core processor or better. 4 GB of RAM is recommended
d. One of the following internet browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0, Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or newer
Note: The eFiling system does not function with the Safari web browser. Please download Firefox for OSX in order to use eFiling
e. Adobe Acrobat Professional 9 or newer
We also recommend that you have:
- A large monitor with 1080p or better resolution
- A web camera for video conferencing (a high definition camera is also recommended)
To join the Development HUB, please complete the information below to request an appointment to make your New Building (NB) or Alteration Type-1 (Alt-1) project a part of the center.
For Mac Users: This request form may not function properly with your Safari web browser. In the interim, please download the free Mozilla Firefox web browser in order use this form. For more information on Mozilla Firefox for Macs, and to download the current version of Mozilla Firefox.
Find your Development HUB User Guide here.