Engineers (PE) & Architects (RA)


New York State issues licenses for Professional Engineers and Registered Architects. A State-licensed PE or RA must submit the required plans and work permit applications to the Department. (In limited cases, these design professionals may self-certify that their plans satisfy applicable laws and Codes.)

Contact local PE or RA industry organizations to find a State-licensed design professional. Below are lists and links to New York State-licensed professionals:

New York State-Licensed Professional Engineers

Use the links below to contact the Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY) or the American Council of Engineering Companies of New York (ACEC) to find a New York State-licensed Professional Engineer.

New York State-Licensed Architects

Use the link below to find contact information for your local American Institute of Architects (AIA) chapter to find a New York State Registered Architect.


New York State Design Professional


To report unprofessional conduct by a State-licensed PE or RA, contact the New York State Education Department's Office of the Professions or contact the Department of Buildings' Special Enforcement Team at (212) 393-2299.


Helpful Links