AHVs for BIS Applications
To request an initial AHV work permit online for applications filed in BIS, the filer must be a registered eFiling user. To enroll, visit the eFiling page on the Department’s website.
To request an After Hours Variance, log into eFiling and select Major or Minor Construction and then select After Hours Variance Permit.
- Fill out the initial AHV work permit application information.
- AHV Job Number is a Problem Job. Cannot Process AHV. This error message will appear if the BIN has civil penalties due, a Class 1 Violation or a failure to submit a Certificate of Correction.
- Review your application information in the preview page.
- Pay the initial AHV filing fee (by credit card or eCheck).
- Check the AHV status by searching for the job number in BIS and selecting After Hours Variance Permits from the Application Details page.
If the AHV application status is Approved-Final Fee Due:
- Log into eFiling
- Enter the Job Number or AHV Reference Number and select Obtain Initial AHV Permit.
- Submit payment for the AHV daily fee (second fee) and print the AHV permit.
If the AHV application status is Pending DOB Review:
- Your application is being reviewed by the Borough Office and a determination to issue the AHV work permit will be made within two (2) business days.
If AHV application status is Denied:
- The reason for denial will be indicated in BIS under Variance Information.
- For more information about a denial reason, contact the appropriate borough office.
- For applications with any other status, contact the appropriate borough office.
AHV BIS Application Renewals
To renew an AHV permit for a BIS application, log into eFiling, enter the Job Number or AHV Reference Number and fill out the form. Submit payment by credit card or eCheck and then print the new AHV permit from BIS.