Class 2 Filing Representative Registration Renewal
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
License holders who qualify for online license renewal must submit their application via the DOB NOW portal located at www.nyc.gov/dobnow. To be eligible for online license renewal submission, the applicant must authenticate or create an eFiling account using the eFiling portal located at www.nyc.gov/dobefiling.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Class 2 Code and Zoning Representatives must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portalin the BIS Options section:
Note: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.
Supporting documents include
- Original, typewritten LIC8: Filing Representative Application (LIC8 must be signed)
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address if the home address has changed
- Signed Code of Conduct receipt (must have your Code and Zoning Representative ID # printed on the receipt)
- $150.00 renewal fee – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
- $200.00 late renewal fee – (includes $150.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
*Note: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the registration card.*
- Copy of your Certificate of Completion for the Department-approved 16-hour Code and Zoning Representative Department-approved course, if not already submitted
- Applicants will be required to complete the Filing Representative Affidavit in lieu of the 16-hour Code and Zoning course until the 16-hour Code and Zoning Representative courses are ready. To request an affidavit send an email to FilingClass2Renewals@buildings.nyc.gov.
*Note: For course information please refer to the Filing Representative Training Courses section on the Department's website.*
Step 3: Obtaining the License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
To avoid delays in processing your renewal application please note the following:
- Documents not submitted as clear PDF scans will not be processed and your application will be returned to you. Pictures will not be accepted.