Class 2 Code and Zoning Representative
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Class 2 Code and Zoning Representatives must submit their renewal applications online. Class 2 Code and Zoning Representatives that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Class 2 Code and Zoning Representatives must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portalin the BIS Options section:
Note: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.
Supporting documents include
- Original, typewritten LIC8: Filing Representative Application (LIC8 must be signed)
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address if the home address has changed
- Signed Code of Conduct receipt (must have your Code and Zoning Representative ID # printed on the receipt)
- $150.00 renewal fee – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
- $200.00 late renewal fee – (includes $150.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
Note: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the registration card.
- Copy of your Certificate of Completion for the Department-approved 16-hour Code and Zoning Representative Department-approved course, if not already submitted
- Applicants will be required to complete the Filing Representative Affidavit in lieu of the 16-hour Code and Zoning course until the 16-hour Code and Zoning Representative courses are ready. To request an affidavit send an email to FilingClass2Renewals@buildings.nyc.gov.
Note: For course information please refer to the Filing Representative Training Courses section on the Department's website.
Step 3: Obtaining the License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
To avoid delays in processing your renewal application please note the following:
- Documents not submitted as clear PDF scans will not be processed and your application will be returned to you. Pictures will not be accepted.