Class 2 Code and Zoning Representative
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Class 2 Code and Zoning Representatives must submit their renewal application via the eFiling portal located at www.nyc.gov/dobefiling.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the renewal process Class 2 Code and Zoning Representatives must submit the following documents in PDF format via the online portal:
Supporting documents include
- Original, typewritten LIC8: Filing Representative Application (LIC8 must be signed)
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address if the home address has changed
- Signed Code of Conduct receipt (must have your Code and Zoning Representative ID # printed on the receipt)
- $150.00 renewal fee – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
- $200.00 late renewal fee – (includes $150.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
Note: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the registration card.
- Copy of your Certificate of Completion for the Department-approved 16-hour Code and Zoning Representative Department-approved course, if not already submitted
- Applicants will be required to complete the Filing Representative Affidavit(Hyperlink for this affidavit needs to be created) in lieu of the 16-hour Code and Zoning course until the 16-hour Code and Zoning Representative courses are ready.
Note: For course information please refer to the Filing Representative Training Courses section on the Department’s website.
Step 3: Obtaining The License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
To avoid delays in processing your renewal application please note the following:
- Documents not submitted as clear PDF scans will not be processed and your application will be returned to you. Pictures will not be accepted.