Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Construction Superintendents must submit their renewal applications online. Construction Superintendents that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Construction Superintendents must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal in the BIS Options section.
Note: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.
Supporting Documents Include
- Completed original, typewritten LIC2 License Application;
- If the business information has changed then a notarized letter on current company letterhead must be submitted listing the: title, duties, and start date of the registration holder. If you are removing a business from your license a notarized affidavit must be submitted requesting the removal.
- If your home address/telephone number has changed, a notarized letter requesting the change must be submitted along with proof of residence (electric, gas, or water bill; bank statement, lease or deed) or a telephone bill reflecting the updated information.
- LIC50 or LIC51 application;
NOTE: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- Copy of confirmation e-mail for online payments;
- Current Department-issued license card;
- $50.00 Renewal Fee – paid at the time of renewal via the online renewal portal
- $100.00 Late Renewal Fee (this includes renewal and late fee) – paid at the time of renewal via the online renewal portal.
Step 3: Obtain Card
Receive license card by mail.
NOTE: You have up to one year to renew your registration after it has expired. After a year you will have to reapply for the registration. For more information please see our License Reinstatement guide.
Make Change to Home Address
Make Change of Business, Telephone Numbers or Email Address
- LIC2 Application
- Notarized letter indicating the change
- Notarized letter from the new employer (if changing business)
Note: Any changes at time of renewal need only be noted on the renewal application; the above is not required.
All above change documentation must be mailed to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Attn: Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 6th Floor
NY, NY 10007