License Renewal: Elevator Director
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Elevator Directors and Co-Directors must submit their renewal applications online. Elevator Directors and Co-Directors that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Elevator Directors and Co-Directors must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal in the BIS Options section:
Note: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.
Supporting documents include:
- Original, typewritten LIC2: License Application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed
- Completed, typewritten LIC34: Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
Note: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- LIC62: Physical Examination Form, must be completed by a physician within 90 days prior to license renewal
- Photo ID (Driver’s License)
- One (1) 2X2 current passport size photograph
- Current Department-issued license card
- Fee of $150.00 – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
- Late renewal fee $200.00 (includes $150.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) – paid at the time renewal via the online portal
Note: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on your license card.