License Renewal: Elevator Inspector
STEP 1: PAY RENEWAL FEES
Elevator Inspector Licensees can pay their renewal fees through the Department’s secure online payment portal at www.nyc.gov/licensepayment. After the online payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Department of Buildings Payment Confirmation.
STEP 2: SUBMIT APPLICATION & SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
To complete the renewal process, you must mail your application along with the Director’s application and supporting documents to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10007
Supporting documents include
- Completed, typewritten LIC2 License Application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed
- Completed, typewritten LIC34 Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
NOTE: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- One (1) 2X2 Current passport size photograph
- LIC62 Physical Examination Form, must be completed by a physician within 90 days prior to license renewal
- Copy of confirmation e-mail for online payment
- Fee of $75.00 (payable by check or money order only); if paying by check, make sure to include your address
NOTE: If paying by check, make sure to include your address. To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date that is indicated on your license card.