License Renewal: Elevator Inspector
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Elevator Inspectors must submit their renewal application via the eFiling portal located at www.nyc.gov/dobefiling.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the renewal process, Elevator Inspectors must submit the following documents in PDF format via the online portal:
Supporting documents include
- Completed, typewritten LIC2 License Application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed
- Completed, typewritten LIC34 Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
Note: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- One (1) 2X2 Current passport size photograph
- LIC62 Physical Examination Form, must be completed by a physician within 90 days prior to license renewal
- Current Department-issued license card
- Copy of confirmation e-mail for online payment
- Fee of $75.00 – paid via the online portal at the time of renewal