Filing Representative Class 1
Step 1: Pay Renewal Fees
For faster processing, Filing Representatives can pay their renewal fees on our secure online payment portal. After your online payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com the subject will be Department of Buildings Payment Confirmation.
Step 2: Submit Application & Supporting Documents
Upon renewal, all Filing Representatives will transition to a three-year cycle beginning on your birthday following the date of renewal. At that time a $150.00 registration fee will be required. To complete the renewal process, Class 1 Filing Representatives must mail their application and the required documents listed below to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10007
- Original, typewritten LIC8 Filing Representative Application (LIC8 must be signed)
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address if the home address has changed
- Signed Code of Conduct receipt (must have your Filing Representative ID # printed on the receipt)
- Copy of confirmation email for online payment OR $150.00 check or money order. If paying by check, verify check is signed and includes your address
NOTE: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the registration card.
- Copy of your Certificate of Completion for the Department-approved 16-hour course, if not already submitted.
NOTE: For course information please refer to the Filing Representative Training Courses section on the Department’s website.
- Avoid delays in processing your renewal application. Documents not submitted as requested will not be processed and your application will be returned to you.
- Once a Filing Representative’s identification card has expired or a new one has been issued, the prior or expired ID may no longer be used.