Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
General Contractors must submit their renewal applications online. General Contractors that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, General Contractors must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal in the BIS Options section:
Note: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.
Required documents include
- Original typewritten, notarized LIC6 Application
- Notarized statement, on company letterhead, indicating any changes to the company (i.e. new address) with the following required documents:
- Telephone bill with company name, address, and business telephone number for business number changes (VOIP services will require a utility bill, bank statement, lease or deed in the business name)
- Utility Bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement, lease or deed in the business name for address changes
- If you have changed companies (business name only, same EIN#), you must provide appropriate business documents as listed in the LIC6 application instructions
Note: Company changes with new EIN numbers must reapply
- Current Department-issued registration card
- Photo identification (driver's license, passport, or green card with photo)
- If there were Safety Registration (LIC7) endorsements added to the General Contractor registration, the renewal fee is $80.00 per endorsement or $130.00 per endorsement for late renewal (includes $80.00 endorsement renewal fee and $50.00 late fee – Construction Safety Registration endorsement is included in the standard renewal fee).
Note: To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date that is indicated on your license card. After a year you will have to reapply for the registration. For more information please see our License Reinstatement Guide.
- Renewal Fee: $240.00; – paid via the online portal
- Late Renewal Fee: $290.00 – paid via the online portal (includes $240.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee, but does not include fees for Safety Registration endorsements)
Step 3: Obtaining the License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
Note: If you received an Intent not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing Unit to begin the renewal process.