License Renewal: Hoisting
Machine Operator Class A & B
To complete the renewal process, Licensees must submit the following documents in-person to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Visit the Licensing & Exam Unit, Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 12:45pm.
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10007
The applicant must
have the current NCCCO
Certification(s) to complete the renewal process. See the National Crane Certification Guide
for information about which certifications are required. During the one (1) year immediately prior to renewal, the Licensee must
successfully complete a Department-approved 8-hour Refresher Course
. For the HMO Refresher Course
registration go to http://inter.viewcentral.com/reg/cps/8HourRefresher
Supporting documents include
- Original, Typewritten LIC2 license application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed.
- Completed, Typewritten LIC34 licensing supplemental affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
NOTE: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- Proof of Certification of Compliance with substance abuse provisions. The Department will provide a substance abuse policy compliance document for you to complete during your appointment
- LIC61 Physical Examination Form, signed by a physician (must be completed within 90 days prior to renewal)
- Notarized letter from the Licensee that includes the name, address, and phone number of the physician/laboratory, including your consent to release the results of the substance abuse test to the Department upon request
- Driver’s License or valid government issued ID
- Current/Expired NYC Hoisting Machine License card
STEP 2: PAY RENEWAL FEES
- $150.00 License Renewal Fee
NOTE: To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date that is indicated on your license card.