License Renewal: Hoisting
Machine Operator Class A & B
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Class ‘A’ and ‘B’ Hoisting Machine Operatorss must submit their renewal applications online. Class ‘A’ and ‘B’ Hoisting Machine Operators that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to Step 2.
The applicant must have the current *NCCCO Certification(s) to complete the renewal process. See the National Crane Certification Requirements for NYC Hoist Machine Operator Licenses page for information about which certifications are required. During the one (1) year immediately prior to renewal, the Licensee must successfully complete a Department-approved 8-hour Refresher Course. For the HMO Refresher Course registration go to http://inter.viewcentral.com/reg/cps/8HourRefresher.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Class ‘A’ and ‘B’ Hoisting Machine Operators must submit the following documents in PDF format within the BIS Options section via the DOB NOW Portal:
See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for step-by-step directions.
Supporting documents include
- Original, typewritten LIC2 license application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed.
- Completed, typewritten LIC34 licensing supplemental affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
Note: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- LIC61 Physical Examination Form, signed by a physician (must be completed within 90 days prior to renewal)
- Notarized letter from the Licensee that includes the name, address, and phone number of the physician/laboratory, including your consent to release the results of the substance abuse test to the Department upon request
- Current Driver’s License (Any licenses with driving conditions or restrictions, will not be acceptable)
- Current/Expired NYC Hoisting Machine License card
*As of December 2, 2019, the department will no longer accept a Crane Institute Certification (CIC) as part of a Hoisting Machine Operator (HMO) license application – to either apply for a new license, to renew a license, or to add additional endorsements to a license. Existing CIC certifications will be grandfathered for the term of the HMO license, but HMOs with existing CIC certifications will have to provide appropriate certifications from the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) upon the renewal of their license.
- $150.00 License Renewal Fee – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
- $200.00 Late Renewal Fee (includes $150.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
Note: To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date that is indicated on your license card.
Step 3: Obtaining the License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
Note: If you received an Intent Not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing & Exams Unit to begin the renewal process.