License Renewal: Class C Hoist Machine Operator
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Class ‘C’ Hoisting Machine Operators must submit their renewal application via the eFiling portal located at www.nyc.gov/dobefiling.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the renewal process, Class ‘C’ Hoisting Machine Operators must submit the following documents in PDF format via the online portal:
Supporting documents include
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement, lease or deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
Note: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- Notarized letter from the Licensee that includes the name, address, and phone number of the physician/laboratory, including your consent to release the results of the substance abuse test to the Department upon request
- Driver’s License (Any licenses with driving conditions or restrictions, will not be acceptable)
- Current/Expired NYC Hoisting Machine License card
- $75.00 renewal fee – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
- $125.00 Late renewal fee (includes $75.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the license card
During the year immediately prior to renewal, the Licensee must have successfully completed a Department-approved 8-hour course. For the HMO Refresher Course registration, go to http://inter.viewcentral.com/reg/cps/8HourRefresher.
Step 3: Obtaining The License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
Note: If you received an Intent Not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing & Exams Unit to begin the renewal process.