License Renewal: Class C Hoist Machine Operator
To renew your Class C Hoist Machine Operator license, submit the following documents in-person between 9am – 12:45pm to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st floor
New York, NY 10007
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement, lease or deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
NOTE: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- Proof of Certification of Compliance with substance abuse provisions – the Department will provide a substance abuse policy compliance document for you to complete during your appointment.
- Notarized letter from the Licensee that includes the name, address, and phone number of the physician/laboratory, including your consent to release the results of the substance abuse test to the Department upon request
- Current NCCCO or CIC Certification card
NOTE: The applicant must have the current NCCCO or CIC Certification(s) in order to renew. See the NCCCO & CIC Requirements page for information about which certifications are required
- Driver’s License (Any licenses with driving conditions or restrictions, will not be acceptable)
- Current/Expired NYC Hoisting Machine License card
- $75.00 renewal fee - to avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the license card
During the year immediately prior to renewal, the Licensee must have successfully completed a Department-approved 8-hour course. For the HMO refresher course registration, go to http://inter.viewcentral.com/reg/cps/8HourRefresher.