1. Can Emergency Work Notifications be electronically filed?
No however, if an Emergency Work Notification is required then the applicant can email or fax the request to the LAA/Permit Renewal and Hub Authentication.
3. What is the difference between rearrangement and the relocation of sprinkler heads?
Rearrangement of a sprinkler head consists of staying within the same 800 square foot coverage, while relocating allows you to abandon a certain area without ensuring there is proper coverage for that given location.
4. Can I combine Category-1 and Category-2 work on one LAA filing?
No, you cannot file Category-1 and Category-2 work together; they must be separate filings because the filing fees are based on the Category selection and since each Category has different monetary limitations we are requiring these applications be filed separately.
5. What is the difference between the estimated cost for Category-1 and Category- 2?
The estimated cost for Category-1 is limited to $35K per license type for a premise within a 12 month period, while Category-2 has no limit or impact on the $35K limit of Category-1.
8. Who can I contact if there is an 'Open Issues' banner on my application?
If there is an 'Open Issues' banner on your application you can email your inquiry to Laaemail@example.com and you will receive a response within 72 hours by mail from a member of the audit team.
9. Are there appointments available for L2 applications? If so, how do I go about requesting one?
Yes, appointments are available and will be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. These appointments can be requested at the LAA/Permit Renewal and HUB Authentication Customer Service Window by speaking with the Customer Service Supervisor or the L2 Coordinator.
10. Who do I contact if I am having an issue with eFiling?
If you are having an eFiling issue you can call the LAA/Permit Renewal and HUB Authentication Unit hotline number at (212) 393-2406 or you can come in person to our Customer Service window Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and request to speak with the Units’ Administrative Coordinator or the Quality Control Coordinator.