Professional/Inter-Agency Identification Card

The Department requires Professional Engineers (PE), Registered Architects (RA), attorneys, and City Agency representatives who conduct business with DOB to obtain a Department-issued identification card.

Professional and Inter-Agency ID Cards are issued Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm at:

NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st Floor
New York, New York 10007

To obtain a Professional/Inter-Agency Identification Card, you must be:

  • At least eighteen (18) years old

  • A Professional Engineer or Registered Architect with New York State

Submit the following documents in person to the address listed above:

  • Typewritten LIC9 application

  • DOB Appointments Registration Form

  • Your original Professional NYS License/Registration Certificate

  • Photo ID (driver's license, learner's permit, state ID, passport, or green card)

  • A typed and notarized letter from your employer on their company's letterhead verifying your employment and authorization to represent the Agency (Inter-Agency Personnel only)

Helpful Links