Design Professional Checklists: Emergency Backup Power Systems
Regardless of how the project work is portioned out, administration of the work remains the responsibility of the Registered Design Professional (RDP). Although some specific projects do not involve architectural or structural work, which may be completed by licensed NYS Professional Engineers, it is important that as the RDP – who is the Applicant of Record (Applicant) – you understand when Department of Buildings and New York State regulations apply to your application.
This section contains a list of tasks that provide compliance with the Construction Codes and other regulations discussed in the Project Guidelines.
Prior to Application Approval Checklist
- Provide ‘reference only’ documents of legal existing conditions. These will accelerate the plan examination process for repairs by reducing comments and the frequency of repeat reviews.
- Show fire-rated walls on all architectural, mechanical, electrical, and deferred approval drawings, which are submitted in phases, to will facilitate the plan review process.
- Based on the scope of work of the project, include all applicable Special/Progress Inspections and the Commissioning Statement.
- Minimize Deferred Application to avoid construction delays.
- Although an RDP is only required to show the final construction documents, the Applicant of Record must stamp and sign all formal submittals to the Department to demonstrate he/she has exercised responsible charge as required.
Get a printable version
Pre-Permit & On-going Project Work Checklist
Required Documents: Based on scope of work, supporting documents and/or deferred submittals must be completed in order to obtain an application approval for work permits. The following may be required:
- FDNY (Letters of No Objection)
- DEP (Tap letter, meter permit and HCPSEP, Sound Mitigation Plan, Asbestos Project Notification)
- FDNY, DEP, and OER authorization
- FDNY Fuel Oil Permit Approval Letter, if applicable
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness, if applicable
- Department of Buildings Certificate of Approval for Oil Burning Installation
- LPC: Letter of Appropriateness (if applicable)
- Tenant/Occupant Protection Plan (only if applicable)
- SRO MD Anti-Harassment checklist
Post Approval Amendments:
If the approved work has substantive or significant changes, obtain approval of a Post Approval Amendment (PAA) with the required revised construction documents.
Get a printable version.
Project Completion Close-out Checklist
- As-Built Submission: If the completed project has changes that are not considered as minor and requires an ‘As-Built’ submission, make sure to submit revised ‘As-Built’ drawings prior to project sign-off.
Get a printable version.
Design Professional Links