License Renewal: Special Rigger
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Special Riggers must submit their renewal applications online. Special Riggers that do not currently have an eFiling account will need to create an account by completing the registration form. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Master Riggers must submit the following documents in PDF format via the DOB NOW Portal in the BIS Options section:
*NOTE: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for Step-by-Step directions.*
Supporting documents include
- Original, typewritten LIC2 license application
- If you have more than one business you must submit two (2) LIC2 applications with the Primary and Secondary business information reversed on each application
- Partners/Officers correspond with the Primary business on each application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address if the home address has changed
- Completed, typewritten LIC34 Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC51 application
*NOTE: Renewal applicants may fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email if they would like to receive Notices of Violation (NOV)/Summonses via email.*
- Completed Buildings Physical Examination Form (LIC61) signed by a physician (must be completed within 90 days prior to the appointment date)
- Typed and notarized letter from the licensee listing the name, address and telephone number of the laboratory that performed the substance abuse test and a statement giving consent for the laboratory to the release such information to the Department upon request.
- Previous Department-issued Designated Rigging Foremen Certificates
- Current/expired Department of Buildings Special Rigger License card
- Photo ID (driver’s license, State ID, or passport)
- $75.00 Renewal Fee – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
- $125.00 Late Renewal Fee (includes $75.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee) – paid at the time of renewal via the online portal
- $5.00 per Foreman Card – paid for at the time of renewal via online portal
*NOTE: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on your license card.*
Step 3: Obtaining the License Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
- Riggers with over 10 foremen will need to come in to pick up their license and foremen cards. You will be notified when to come in to receive them.
*NOTE: If you received an Intent Not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing & Exams Unit to begin the renewal process. As of July 1, 2015, Licensees must submit an original 8-hour Refresher Course Certificate from a Department-approved training program.*