License Renewal: Special Rigger
To renew your Special Rigger License, you must submit the following documents in person to the Licensing & Exams Unit. License renewals may be submitted Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 12:45 pm. The Licensing & Exams Unit is located at:
NYC Department of Buildings
280 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10007
- Original, typewritten LIC2 license application
- If you have more than one business you must submit two (2) LIC2 applications with the Primary and Secondary business information reversed on each application
- Partners/Officers correspond with the Primary business on each application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address if the home address has changed
- Completed, typewritten LIC34 Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC51 application
NOTE: Renewal applicants may fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email if they would like to receive Notices of Violation (NOV)/Summonses via email.
- Completed Buildings Physical Examination Form (LIC61) signed by a physician (must be completed within 90 days prior to the appointment date)
- One (1) 2X2 current passport size photograph
- Proof of Certification of Compliance with substance abuse provisions. The Department will provide a substance abuse policy compliance document for you to complete during your appointment
- Typed and notarized letter from the licensee listing the name, address and telephone number of the laboratory that performed the substance abuse test and a statement giving consent for the laboratory to the release such information to the Department upon request
- Completed LIC70 Designation of Rigging/Sign Hanging Foreman Application (LIC70 Instructions). if you do not have any foreman, the Licensee must submit a notarized letter on company letterhead with the corporate seal indicating such
- Previous Department-issued Designated Rigging Foremen Certificates
- Current/expired Department of Buildings Special Rigger License card
- Photo ID (Driver’s license, State ID, or Passport)
- $75.00 Renewal Fee Payment; $5.00 per Foreman Card
NOTE: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on your license card.
- Original 8-hour Refresher Course Certificate from a Department-approved Course Provider (must be completed within one (1) year prior to renewal)
NOTE: If you received an Intent Not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing & Exams Unit to begin the renewal process. As of July 1, 2015 Licensees must submit an original eight (8) hour Refresher Course Certificate from a Department-approved training program.