Safety Registration Number Renewal
Step 1: Renewal Application Submission
Safety Registration Number renewal applications must be submitted online through DOB NOW at www.nyc.gov/dobnow. To be eligible for online renewal submission, applicants must authenticate or create an eFiling account using the eFiling portal located at www.nyc.gov/dobefiling. If you already have an eFiling account, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documentation
To complete the online renewal process, Safety Registration Number registrants must submit the following documents in PDF format within the BIS Options section via the DOB NOW Portal:
*NOTE: See the Licensing Renewal Application User Guide for Step-by-Step directions.*
Required documents include
- Original typewritten and notarized LIC7: Safety Registration Form
- Notarized statement, on company letterhead, indicating any changes to the company (i.e. new address) with the following required documents:
- Utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement, lease or deed in the business name for address changes
- Certificate of Assumed Name and Filing Receipt if the business name has changed (business name only, same EIN#), you must also provide appropriate business documents as listed in the Safety Registration Number Guide.
*NOTE: Company changes with new EIN numbers must reapply*
- Child Support Form
- If insurances are expired submit insurance certificates (general liability, workers compensation, disability)
- Current Department-issued registration card
- Photo identification (driver’s license, passport, or green card with photo)
- $80.00 Renewal Fee per endorsement – paid via the online portal
- $130.00 Late Renewal Fee per endorsement – paid via the online portal (includes $80.00 renewal fee and $50.00 late fee)
*NOTE: To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date that is indicated on your license card. After a year you will have to reapply for the registration. For more information please see our License Reinstatement Guide.*
Step 3: Obtaining the Registration Card
You will receive your license card by mail.
*NOTE: If you received an Intent not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing Unit to begin the renewal process.*