Master Sign Hanger License Renewal
STEP 1: SUBMIT APPLICATION & SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
To complete the renewal process, Licensees must submit the following documents in-person to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10007
Visit the Licensing & Exam Unit, Monday through Friday between 9am and 12:45pm.
Supporting documents include:
- Original, typewritten LIC2 license application
- If you have more than one business you must submit two (2) LIC2 applications with the Primary and Secondary business information reversed on each application
- Partners/Officers correspond with the Primary business on each application
- Completed and typewritten LIC34 licensing supplemental affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC62: Physical Examination Form
- Completed LIC70 Designation of Rigging/Sign Hanging Foreman.
If you do not have any of the Foreman listed upon license renewal, a notarized sealed letter on company letterhead must be submitted indicating such.
- Previously issued Designated Rigging Foremen Certificates by the Department
- Current License Card, which must be exchanged at the time of your renewal in order for you to receive your new license card
NOTE: If you received an Intent not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing Unit to begin the renewal process.
STEP 2: PAY RENEWAL FEES
- $75.00 payment fee
To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date that is indicated on your license card.