Certification Renewal: Site Safety Coordinator
STEP 1: PAY RENEWAL FEES
Site Safety Coordinators can pay their renewal fees through the Department’s secure online payment portal at www.nyc.gov/licensepayment. After the online payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com; with the subject line Department of Buildings Payment Confirmation.
NOTE: Renewals with online payments may be considered for priority processing.
STEP 2: SUBMIT APPLICATION & SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
To complete the renewal process, you must mail your application and supporting documents to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Supporting Documents Include
- Original, typewritten LIC2 License Application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed
- Completed, typewritten LIC34 Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
NOTE: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- One (1) current 2x2 passport size photograph
- Copy of your 8-hour Site Safety Refresher Course certificate, course must have been completed within one (1) year prior to renewal)
- Current Department-issued card
- Copy of confirmation email for online payments
- $50.00 renewal fee – payable by check or money order (if you are not submitting the copy of the email payment confirmation receipt)
- $100.00 late renewal fee – payable by check or money order (if you are not submitting the copy of the email payment confirmation receipt)
NOTE: To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the registration card.
STEP 3: OBTAINING THE CERTIFICATION CARD
Receive certification card by mail.
NOTE: Renewals with online payments may be considered for priority processing. To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the registration card.