Certification Renewal: Site Safety Manager
STEP 1: PAY RENEWAL FEES
Site Safety Managers can pay their renewal fees through the Department’s secure online payment portal at https://paydirect.link2gov.com/DOB-LicenseRenewal/ItemSearch. After the online payment is processed, the Site Safety Manager will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com; the subject will be Department of Buildings Payment Confirmation.
NOTE: Renewals with online payments may be considered for priority processing.
STEP 2: SUBMIT APPLICATION & SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
To complete the renewal process, Site Safety Managers must mail
their application and supporting documents to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exam Unit
280 Broadway, 6th floor
New York, NY 10007
Supporting documents include:
- Original, typewritten LIC2 License Application
- Recent utility bill (electric, gas, water), bank statement lease of deed with the Licensee’s name and address, if the home address has changed
- Completed, typewritten LIC34 Licensing Supplemental Affidavit (if applicable)
- LIC50 or LIC51 application
NOTE: Renewal applicants with a home address outside of New York City’s five (5) boroughs must complete the LIC50 Authorization for Service of Process by Agent. Renewal applicants may also fill out the LIC51 Voluntary Authorization for Service of Process by Email even if they reside within the City of New York.
- Copy of your 8-hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Course certificate (course must have been taken within one (1) year prior to renewal)
- Copy of confirmation e-mail for online payments
- Current Department-issued card
- $150.00 fee payment – check or money order if not making online payment.
- $200.00 late renewal – check or money order if not making online payments.
NOTE: To avoid a late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on the registration card.
STEP 3: OBTAINING THE CERTIFICATION CARD
You will receive your certification card by mail.
NOTE: If you received an Intent Not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing & Exam Unit to begin the renewal process.