Special Inspection Agency Registration Renewal
Step 1: Submit Required Documents
In order to renew your Special Inspection Agency (SIA) registration you must
submit the following documents to the:
NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10007
- Original, typewritten, signed and sealed SIA1 Form;
NOTE: SECTION 6 must be completed correctly
- Access prior registration and endorsements by using the BIS Registrant Tool;
- Transfer ALL prior endorsements to the new SIA1 form. Indicate the Class (1, 2, or 3) for each prior endorsement (inspection category included in your registration);
- Option: Endorsements may be revised during renewal. Check the ‘Rem’ box when removing an endorsement. Check the ‘Add’ box when adding an endorsement and indicate the appropriate Class (1, 2, or 3).
NOTE: A Special Inspection Agency may only register for categories for which they are qualified
- Copy of confirmation e-mail for online payment
A check or money order for the $90.00 renewal fee + $30.00 endorsement renewal fee for each endorsement (and late fee if applicable)); do not include endorsements marked for removal when calculating the registration fee (see STEP 3)
NOTE: If paying by check, please make sure that the check is signed and includes your address. Avoid processing delays. Documents not submitted as requested will not be processed and your renewal application will be returned to you.
Step 2: Upload Supporting Documents
All supporting documents must be re-submitted online at the time of the renewal through the SIA Document Upload Form.
- Submit the ACORD Form as proof of Professional Liability Insurance.
- Submit the Workers Compensation Certificate (C-105.2) as proof of Workers Compensation Insurance.
- Submit acceptable proof of address which includes:
- Proof of New York City address (utility bill – gas, electric, or water; cable or telephone bills will not be accepted; lease (for the NYC address) or NYS Secretary of State business filing; or Statement of Designation (agreement for someone with New York City address to act as an agent of service) must be attached to application
- Photo ID (government-issued ID: State ID’s/Driver’s License or passports)
Step 3: Make Payment
Special Inspection Agencies can pay their renewal fees through our www.nyc.gov/licensepayment
. After your online payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. The subject description will be Department of Buildings Payment Confirmation.NOTE: If you are adding or removing endorsements at the time of the renewal, payment must be made by check or money order. Online payments will not be accepted.
Once your application and fees have been received, your Registration will be renewed and you will receive an email informing you of the update. You may check your SIA Registration information
(i.e. expiration date, endorsements).NOTE: To avoid the late renewal fee your renewal application must be submitted between thirty (30) and sixty (60) days prior to the expiration date of the registration. The term of your renewal will be for three (3) years.