License Renewal: Special Rigger
To renew your Special Rigger License, you must submit the documents listed in-person to the Department’s Licensing & Exams Unit. License renewals may be submitted to the Department’s Licensing & Exam Unit Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 12:45pm located at:
NYC Department of Buildings
Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 1st floor
New York, NY 10007Documents Include
- Original, typewritten LIC2 License Application;
- If you have more than one business you must submit two (2) LIC2 applications with the Primary and Secondary business information reversed on each application
- Partners/Officers correspond with the Primary business on each application
- One (1) 2X2 Current Passport Size Photograph;
- Proof of Compliance with substance abuse provisions. The Department will provide a substance abuse policy compliance document for you to complete during your appointment.
- Typed and notarized letter from the licensee listing the name, address and telephone number of the laboratory that performed the substance abuse test and a statement giving consent for the laboratory to the release such information to the Department upon request
- Previous Department-issued Designated Rigging Foremen Certificates
- Current/expired Department of Buildings Special Rigger License card
- $75.00 Renewal Fee Payment; $5.00 per Foreman Card;
NOTE: To avoid a $50.00 late fee, renewal applications must be submitted 30-60 days before the expiration date indicated on your license card.
NOTE: If you received an Intent Not to Renew letter, you must submit the required documentation stated in the letter PRIOR to renewal, and you must be cleared to renew before coming to the Licensing & Exams Unit to begin the renewal process.