Verify the Address of Your Business
If you are a Plumber, Fire Suppression Piping Contractor, Rigger, Electrician, Sign Hanger, Elevator Agency, or Oil Burner Equipment Installer, the location of your business must be approved by the Department for compliance with the NYC Zoning Resolution before you occupy the premise.
Submit the following information to:
NYC Department of Buildings
Attn: Licensing & Exams Unit
280 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10007
- Include a copy of the most recent Certificate of Occupancy for the location of your proposed business address
Upon approval of the proposed address, licensees/new applicants must submit:
- A new LIC2 application, (Electricians submit a LIC38 application, Elevator Agencies submit an LIC1 application)
- General Liability, Workers Compensation, and Disability insurance certificates showing the newly approved business address (See Insurance Guidelines)
- A telephone bill showing the business name and approved business address
Note: If you have a cell phone bill, or Voice over internet (VoIP) phone bill, you must also submit a utility bill in the company's name
- Licensees must submit the above in person to 280 Broadway, 6th Floor. (Oil Burner Equipment Installers and Elevator Agencies must mail in their documents to the Licensing Unit)
- New license applicants who have received a notice of qualification must call (212) 393-2259 to make an appointment for license issuance.