Filing through DOB NOW: Build
DOB NOW is a self-service online tool that enables property owners, design professionals, filing representatives, and licensees to do all business with DOB online.
STEP 1: Register for eFiling
- All stakeholders associated to the filing must register for eFiling before logging into DOB NOW: Build. Once registered, use your eFiling login information to log into DOB NOW: Build.
STEP 2: Login to DOB NOW: Build to Initiate a Job Filing
- Enter the job filing information. Afterwards the system will generate a job filing number.
STEP 3: Upload Required Documents
- Upload a PDF of the plan sets and the DPL1 document.
NOTE: The system will determine if additional documents are required based on the job filing information that was entered.
STEP 4: Obtain Attestation
- Applicant (PE/RA), property owners and other stakeholders must electronically sign the job filing.
STEP 5: Submit Payment
- Online payments can be made using a credit card, debit card or e-check.
NOTE: Anyone associated to a job filing can submit a payment.
STEP 6: Preview Submission
- Applicant must review the filing and provide a final electronic signature.
STEP 7: Submit Job Filing
- Applicant officially submits the job filing to the Department electronically.
STEP 8: Job Filing Review and Approval
- Department staff reviews the job filing.
- If objections are issued, the applicant will be able to make corrections in the system and resubmit.
- If a meeting is required to resolve objections, meetings will be conducted online.
- The system will send email notification to all associated stakeholder listed on the job filing once the Department has approved the job filing.
STEP 9: Enter and Submit Permit
- Permit request must be submitted online.
- Enter data for all required information.
- All required stakeholders must provide electronic signature.
- Resolve any civil penalties for Work Without a Permit prior to submittal.
- Submit the permit request electronically to the Department.
STEP 10: Permit Review and Approval
- Department staff reviews the permit request.
- The system will notify associated stakeholders if there are any objections to the request that will need to be resolved.
- Applicant or contractor will be able to resolve any issues regarding the permit request in the system and resubmit.
- The system will send email notification to all associated stakeholder listed on the job filing once the permit is issued.
STEP 11: Print Permit
- Associated stakeholders can log into DOB NOW: Build to print the permit.
NOTE: Anyone can print a copy of the permit on the DOB NOW Portal.
Post Permit Activities: Some applications require a new or amended Certificate of Occupancy, and others should simply be signed off when the work has been completed.