Padlock Forms


To have an Order of Closure rescinded, remove the illegal business. The owner, mortgagee or person having an interest must fill-out the Rescission of Order of Closure (PE5A) Form and submit a completed and notarized Form to the Padlock Unit. The Department will lift the Order once the property passes an inspection.


Anyone illegally entering a padlocked property can face criminal charges. The Department grants access to owners, occupants or others to correct the conditions. To request access, submit a completed and notarized Request for Access to Premises (PE7) form to the Padlock Unit.


You must correct the violating condition and certify correction with the Department. To certify correction, submit:
  • an original Certificate of Correction (AEU2 Form);
  • proof of correction, such as photographs and receipts;
  • a notarized statement attesting to how the violation was corrected.


You can submit a Certificate of Correction once the violating condition is corrected. The hearing and certification processes are separate. Up to ten certificates can be submitted from 8:30 am to 10:00 am for immediate review, and up to three thereafter. Submit all documents in person or mail to:

NYC Department of Buildings
Attn. Administrative Enforcement Unit
280 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10007
(212) 393-2405
8:30 am to 4:00 pm

AEU2: Certificate of Correction

Use this form to certify correction of an Environmental Control Board violation issued by the Department of Buildings.


AEU6: Multiple Submission Form

Use this form when certifying multiple Environmental Control Board violations issued by the Department. Individual violation certifications must be attached.


AEU20: Statement in Support of Certificate of Correction

Use this form when preparing the required statement(s) to accompany the Certificate of Correction (AEU2 Form).


Helpful Links