First Time Logging into CapGrants
There are several tasks that need to be completed before you can use the CapGrants portal. This page will describe each step. First, you must have a NYC.ID to start the process.
When you click on the button “Enter CapGrants Portal” at the bottom of this page, you will be prompted with a login screen (Exhibit 1 below). Click on the area identified below to create a new NYC.ID. You will be directed to a registration page for the creation of your NYC.ID (Exhibit 2). An email confirmation will be sent to verify the creation of your ID. Your email address will be your user id.
Please note that your password must be eight characters or greater and must contain at least three of the following four characters: an upper case letter, a lower case letter, a number, and a symbol (&, *, #,!,@,%).
You must click the link in the confirmation email that you receive (see Exhibit 4 below) to activate your NYC.ID.
Enter the CapGrants Portal
Once you have created your NYC.ID and received your email confirmation, you must return to the login page (Exhibit 1) to enter the City’s capital grant portal (CapGrants), through which you will upload and manage your request(s).
The first time you login into the CapGrants portal you will be prompted to fill in a registration form for the CapGrants portal.
Upon completion of the registration process, you will be brought to the Home page of the CapGrants portal (Exhibit 6). Helpful links, deadline reminders and other instructions will be posted on this page. Click on the “CapGrants Dashboard” button to continue.
From this screen you can upload your completed organization section and corresponding applications.
CapGrants Submissions Portal
Here are some general guidelines about the process.
- You do not need to complete the submission of all Organization documents or Capital Request documents (project documents) in one sitting. You may start the process, upload certain documents, and come back later to complete. Upload only final documents (i.e., not drafts).
- Organization Documents
- Before you can submit any Capital Request for specific projects (e.g., equipment system project or a vehicle project), you must first complete the submission of all Organization documents.
- You only need to submit the Organization documents once per organization, regardless of the number of Capital Requests the organization is submitting. For example, if you are planning on submitting Capital Requests for a vehicle project and an equipment system project for the same organization, you would only submit the Organization documents once.
- Once the Organization documents have been completely submitted, the submitter of the Organization documents can submit a Capital Request for a specific project and/or can choose to allow others to submit one or more Capital Requests by clicking the “Add User” button on the CapGrants Dashboard and entering the new user’s NYC.ID.
- Each individual submission can only be created and managed by one person. For example, if Submitter A submits the Organization documents and Submitter B submits a Capital Request, Submitter A cannot submit any documents or respond to any questions with respect to that Capital Request. Likewise, Submitter B cannot submit any documents or respond to any questions with respect to the Organization documents.
- Each time you complete the submission of Organization documents or a Capital Request or add a user, you will receive a confirmation e‐mail. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive a confirmation e‐mail within several minutes.
How to Videos