Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
Under Local Law 96 of 2018
, employers with 15 or more employees are required to conduct annual sexual harassment prevention training for all employees. New York State Law requires that employers of one or more employees must conduct sexual harassment prevention training for all employees.
The Commission has developed an online training that will satisfy both the New York State and New York City sexual harassment prevention training requirements.
Read This Before You Take the Training
At the end of the training, you will get a certificate of completion. Your employer should tell you before you take the training how they want to receive the certificate. Technology
Accessibility for Users with Disabilities
- The training takes approximately 45 minutes.
- You can take the training on a computer or a phone.
- This training requires Chrome 67 (or later), Firefox 66.0.4 (or later), or Safari 11.1.1 (or later).
- You cannot save your progress. Do not refresh the page.
- If you reload the page, you may lose your place and have to restart the training.
Employer Requirements for the Training
- The training is available to users with disabilities.
- There are audio descriptions for the videos.
- There is closed captioning for the videos.
- There is also closed captioning as part of the training slides that will appear in the rare instances when the screen text differs from the voiceover audio.
- There is alt-text for the images and the icons.
- In NYC, employers must keep a record of employees’ training and must retain records for three years.
- In NYC, training is required for employers with 15 or more employees.
- Employers must provide an annual sexual harassment prevention training.
To learn more about this and other requirements, please see the Frequently Asked Questions
A sexual harassment prevention poster in English
and in Spanish
in an obvious place
A sexual harassment prevention fact sheet
given to new employees
A sexual harassment prevention training
for workers every year
Note: New York State requires that all employers have a sexual harassment prevention policy. The State Department of Labor has published a model policy
How to save the certificate of completion:
- If you are taking this training on a desktop computer or laptop, you will be able to print or save the certificate to your computer.
- IMPORTANT: At the end of the training, you must click the “SAVE” button first in order to generate your certificate of completion.
- If you are on a mobile device, you can use the device’s capabilities to take a screenshot, save, or email the certificate.