File a Complaint of Police Misconduct

If you wish to file a complaint regarding excessive force, abuse of authority, discourtesy or offensive language (FADO) against a member of the New York City Police Department (NYPD) through our web site, complete the form below. Criminal complaints against non-NYPD personnel must be filed with the police department. Complaints against members of police departments other than the NYPD must be filed with the Internal Affairs department of the local police department.

Please fill in as much information as possible, especially your phone number and mailing address.

If you prefer to file a complaint in person, by phone or by mail, go to our File a Complaint page for more information.

* Indicates required fields.

1. Complainant/Victim Information

Please enter at least one phone number below: *

2. Incident Information

Please provide as much of the following information as you can about the person(s) on whose behalf the complaint is filed and any witness(es) to the incident:


Select 12 and AM for midnight, 12 and PM for noon


3. Victim/Witness Information
4. Police Officer Information

Yes     No

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Please note: This online complaint form is hosted on a secure server.

Please hit submit button only once, it may take up to several minutes for the online complaint form to be received.