Astor Place Plaza
The Astor Place Plazas (North and South), are located at the corner of 8th Street and Lafayette Street in Greenwich Village, at the nexus of a young and vibrant artistic community and tech office corridor with a large university student population. The Village Alliance (BID) and the Department of Transportation maintain the plaza and provide sanitation, security, horticulture, maintenance, movable furniture, umbrellas and occasional programming for the general public.
- Street furniture, including tables, chairs, and umbrellas, are available for daily use and can be removed for an additional fee
- 200 Amps of electricity and a water connection are available for use for a small fee.
- The plaza provides daytime security for public safety. Any event or overnight security is the responsibility of the event producer
- An estimated 100,000 people per day pass through Astor Place
Permitting the Plaza
If you are interested in hosting an event on the pedestrian plaza, read below for more information or apply here.
- The Village Alliance requires you to do the following when permitting the plaza:
- Conduct a site visit with the Village Alliance
- Create a site plan with run of show
- Obtain a minimum of $1 million certificate of liability insurance naming the BID as additionally insured in the certificate holder section
- Pay a BID concession fee
- Contact email@example.com for additional information on Astor Place requirements, including PDFs of plaza site plans to scale