Supporting Permitting Agencies

New York State Liquor Authority

The New York State Liquor Authority (SLA) - Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) regulates and controls the manufacturing, transporting and distribution of alcoholic beverages in New York State.

SLA permits include:

  • SLA Temporary Beer & Wine Permit: If you plan to have alcohol at your event, you will need to contact SLA to acquire the proper permits. They have oversight on the permitting of the following activities:
    • Special events where you do one or more of the following: want to temporarily serve beer, wine or cider; hire caterers to serve alcohol; serve alcohol after closing hour (all night); or serve alcohol at a charitable event
    • Transporting alcohol within New York State via an aircraft, individual and fleet trucking or steamship
    • Marketing or provide tastings