To see a list of plazas, please visit our plaza page.
Plaza events are activities held within a Pedestrian Plaza where the activity will interfere or obstruct with regular use of the plaza. Plaza events are charged and categorized by the plaza tiers. If you are interested in holding a plaza event, please read below for more information or apply here.
Please note that from November 22, 2017 until January 3, 2018, various plazas in Midtown and Lower Manhattan will not be available for permitting. To learn more, please read our Holiday Embargo Memo or select plazas below to see their availability.
When hosting a plaza event, keep in mind the following:
- Application deadlines are determined by the Plaza level
- Plaza Event fees are determined by the Plaza's level, event size, and borough
- Prior to submitting your application, we highly recommend that you scout the locations you are requesting
- We do not provide recommendations for locations
- A site plan and run of show must be submitted with your application
- Your organization must be insured for a minimum of $1 million. Additional insurance may also be required
- You may require additional permits. All other agency permits must be obtained before we can grant your SAPO permit. Examples include:
Plaza Event Sizes
Pedestrian Plaza Events have application deadlines determined by their levels, and the fees for these events are determined by the event size,
plaza level and location.
- Large Plaza Events are events that use over 50% of a pedestrian plaza's square footage with an expected attendance between 50% to 100% of
the pedestrian plaza's capacity. These events can be held with or without amplified sound.
- Medium Plaza Events are events that use between 25% and 50% of the pedestrian plaza's square footage with an expected attendance between
25% and 50% of the pedestrian plaza's capacity. These events can be held with or without amplified sound
- Small Plaza Events are events that use less than 25% of the pedestrian plaza's square footage with an expected attendance of less than
25% of the pedestrian plaza's capacity. These events can be held with or without amplified sound.
To review the plaza fees per level and size, please visit our Plaza Fees