1. City employees may not seek jobs (including submitting a resume, discussing future job opportunities, or interviewing) with a company or not-for-profit when they are currently dealing with that company or not-for-profit as part of their City job.
2. Former City employees may not disclose or use for personal advantage any confidential information obtained in the course of their City employment.
3. Former City employees may not communicate with their former City agency on behalf of a new employer or business within one year of leaving City service.
4. Former City employees may never work on a particular matter (for example, a contract) for a non-City employer if they worked on that same matter during their City employment.
5. A government-to-government exception waives the one-year communication ban and the particular matter ban for former employees of a City agency who left to work at another government entity.