1. Full-time City employees may not work for any company or not-for-profit organization that has “business dealings” with any City agency, unless they receive permission from their agency head and the Board.
2. Part-time City employees may not work for any company or not-for-profit organization that has business dealings with their City agency unless they receive permission from their agency head and the Board.
3. It is the City employee’s responsibility to figure out whether the company where he or she might work has City business dealings. That can be found out by checking the Doing Business Database or CheckbookNYC.com
4. A City employee can request permission to work for a company that has business dealings (also called a “waiver”) by using the Waiver Form on the Board’s website or by contacting your agency’s Ethics Liaison. If the agency supports the waiver request, it will forward the request to the Board for final approval.
5. A City employee may not use any amount of City time or resources (including a City computer, email account, or phone) for any outside job or private business.