New York City will continue distributing face coverings in parks, DOE Grab & Go meal sites, NYCHA buildings, some Mitchell-Lama buildings, grocery stores, and during social distancing enforcement.
- People that have no symptoms can still spread COVID-19.
- A face covering can help prevent COVID-19 from spreading.
- A state order requires everyone to wear a face covering outside.
- Still practice physical distancing. Maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
What Is a Face Covering?
- A well-secured paper or cloth that covers your nose and mouth.
- Examples include: a bandana or scarf.
- Cloth Face Covering: Wash once a day by hand or machine using detergent. Wear only when dry.
- Paper Face Covering: Reusable so long as not wet/soiled.
Frequently Asked Questions
The City of New York has prepared a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document for face coverings during the COVID-19 public health emergency.