Note: Some documents on this page are in PDF format, download the free Adobe Reader
A Bingo Game Operator license is required if an entity conducts bingo games in which designated numbers or symbols on a card are matched with numbers or symbols selected at random and prizes are awarded. Only organizations raising funds for the promotion of bona fide charitable, educational, scientific, health, religious, and patriotic causes can obtain a Bingo Game Operator license.
This description is only a general explanation of which businesses need to have a Bingo Game Operator license.
Before You File Your DCA License Application:
You must obtain the following required documents before filing your application.
- You must get a Bingo Identification Number from the New York State Gaming Commission. To apply, complete 1A-Application for Registration and Identification Number, available at http://www.gaming.ny.gov/charitablegaming/
- You must obtain the following required documents before filing your application. Although DCA does not require submission of these documents in order to process your application, DCA reserves the right to request and examine the documents under section 20.104 of the New York City Administrative Code.
- Nonprofit organizations must register and remain active with the New York State Department of State. Active status will be verified by DCA prior to license issuance. You can confirm the status of your organization at NYS Web site. If applicable, you must also file an Assumed Name Certificate for your organization.
When You File Your DCA License Application:
Below are requirements when filing your license application:
- New York State Gaming Commission Application Materials
Submit three (3) signed, completed copies of the following New York State Gaming Commission application materials available for download at http://www.gaming.ny.gov/charitablegaming/
- BC-2 Application for Bingo License. On this form you must provide information about your nonprofit organization, the type of games to be played, the location of games, and the purpose of games.
- BC-2A Application for Bingo License Schedules 1, 2, 3, 4. On this form you must provide information about staff and members.
- BC-2B Application for Bingo License Schedules 5, 6, 7. On this form you must provide additional information about the games.
- Members’ Affidavit Of Good Moral Character.
- Granting Authority to Act Affirmation (download)
If this application will be filed by someone other than the license applicant, the license applicant must submit a Granting Authority to Act Affirmation.
- Proof of Right to Use Premises
Submit ONE of the following documents as proof of right to use premises where you will conduct bingo games:
- A copy of your deed or bill of sale OR
- A copy of your current lease. Note: The landowner must have a Commercial Lessor license issued by DCA.
- License Fee of $18.75 per occasion. The maximum number of occasions you can hold each year is 216. You cannot conduct bingo games on more than 18 days in a three-month period.
Fees must be paid by credit card or check made payable to NYC Department of Consumer Affairs. Cards accepted at the DCA Licensing Center include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.49% convenience fee. Check must be issued from a bank account that is established solely for bingo game transactions.
Please note that a 2.49% convenience fee applies if you submit your license application online. A major credit card is required to submit applications online.
Application Filing Process
You must submit all required documents to the DCA Licensing Center at least two (2) weeks before the event start date.
File in person at the DCA Licensing Center, 42 Broadway, in Manhattan between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and on Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you do not speak or understand English well, please let us know when you arrive at the Licensing Center and we will provide translation services.
- Please review requirements for the license and gather all materials before clicking the button below.
- If you haven’t registered an account with the City of New York, you will need to register an account before you can proceed to the online application.
- After you submit the online application, follow the instructions on the confirmation page. DCA cannot process incomplete applications.
- Important: If you need to file another license application, return to the DCA Business Toolbox to read requirements and proceed to the online application.
Additional Resources for Bingo Game Operator
- New York State Gaming Commission forms are available for download at http://www.gaming.ny.gov/charitablegaming/
- Application to Amend Bingo License
After you receive your Bingo Game Operator license, you may conduct bingo game activity. However, if you have any changes to the license application, please file BC-6 Application to Amend Bingo License 10 days before the originally declared occasion date OR within 72 hours after an emergency cancellation (e.g., snowstorm, hall closure).
- Financial Statements, Cash Control Report, and Additional License Fee
You must submit BC-7 Financial Statement of Bingo Operations, BC-7B Cash Control Report, and pay an Additional License Fee of 3% of net profits to DCA within seven (7) days of each bingo occasion. Fees must be paid by check payable to NYC Department of Consumer Affairs. Check must be issued from a bank account that is established solely for bingo game transactions. Please submit the documents and payment in person OR by mail to:
Attn: Licensing Center
New York City Department of Consumer Affairs
New York, NY 10004
- Quarterly Summary Statement of Bingo Operations
You must complete BC-7Q Quarterly Statement of Bingo Operations within 15 days after the end of each calendar quarter. Submit the original to the New York State Racing & Wagering Board (address on form) and one copy to DCA (address above).
Get Voter InformationNote: Whether you apply to register to vote or not, it will not affect the assistance DCA will provide to you.