Industrial Laundry Delivery License Application Checklist
For health and safety reasons, the Department of Consumer and Worker Protection (DCWP) Licensing Center and NYC Small Business Support Center cannot serve walk-ins, but you can schedule an appointment to submit your license application in person. See Application Filing Process section.
Note: As in-person service is limited, we encourage you to use our online service which is available 24/7.
Who Must Have an Industrial Laundry Delivery License?
A business must have an Industrial Laundry Delivery license if it transports laundry from:
- A commercial client within the city to an industrial laundry within or outside the city for laundry services. OR
- A commercial client outside the city to an industrial laundry within the city for laundry services. OR
- An industrial laundry within the city to a commercial client within or outside the city after laundry services have been performed. OR
- An industrial laundry outside the city to a commercial client within the city after laundry services have been performed.
“Laundry services” means washing, drying, starching, or ironing laundry for a fee. “Laundry services” does not include dry cleaning.
If a business holds an Industrial Laundry license from DCWP and indicated it will engage in Industrial Laundry Delivery services, it does not need an Industrial Laundry Delivery license.
This description is only a general explanation of who must have an Industrial Laundry Delivery license.
Quick List of Application Requirements
See Requirements section for detailed descriptions. Make sure you provide all requirements; otherwise, your application is incomplete. DCWP can only consider complete applications for license issuance.
- Basic License Application
- Industrial Laundry Delivery Self-Certification (to be completed by Owner)
- Sales Tax Identification Number OR Application Confirmation Number
- Copy of Surety Bond (or Third Party Bond), properly signed
- Granting Authority to Act Affirmation (if applicable)
- License Fee
Submitting your application does not mean your license is automatically approved.
Important Message about Business Certificate
You must have the applicable Business Certificate based on your business’s legal structure. Although DCWP does not require submission of your Business Certificate in order to process your application, DCWP may request this document under section 20-104 of the New York City Administrative Code.
Sole proprietors operating under a name other than your own must have a Business/Assumed Name Certificate.
Partnerships must have a Partnership Certificate and, if applicable, an Assumed Name Certificate for your business.
Corporations, Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, or Limited Liability Partnerships must register and remain active with the New York State Division of Corporations. You can check your status at dos.ny.gov/corps.
DCWP will deny your application if you do not submit these required documents and information:
- Basic License Application.
Online submission: After reviewing the requirements, please click the Apply Online link at the bottom of the page to submit your application.
In-person submission: Download the Basic License Application.
- Industrial Laundry Delivery Self-Certification (download).
The owner (e.g., sole proprietor, general partner, director, corporate officer, or shareholder owning 10% or more of company stock) must complete the Self-Certification.
- Sales Tax Identification Number OR Application Confirmation Number.
To apply for a Certificate of Authority in order to collect sales tax, visit businessexpress.ny.gov.
- Copy of your $500 Surety Bond (or Third Party Bond), properly signed
The copy of the bond must name the City of New York as Obligee or the party to whom the bond must be made payable. Your corporate name, Doing-Business-As (DBA) name (if any), and premises address must be exactly the same on all documents. You must also submit a copy of the bond receipt showing that the bond has been paid in full and does not expire before the end of the licensing period.
Download a list of bonding companies
- Granting Authority to Act Affirmation (download Affirmation).
Required if someone other than the license applicant will prepare and submit this application.
Note: The applicant must sign the license application and all related forms.
- License Fee
The chart below lists the amount due depending upon when you file your license application. Note: An odd year is any year ending in an odd digit; for example, 2017. An even year is any year ending in an even digit; for example, 2018.
Industrial Laundry Delivery License Fee
- License Term:2 Years
- License Expiration Date:December 31, Odd years
- From January 1 in an even year to June 30 in an even year $340
- From July 1 in an even year to December 31 in an even year $255
- From January 1 in an odd year to June 30 in an odd year $170
- From July 1 in an odd year to December 31 in an odd year $85 or *$425
*If you are applying within six months of the license expiration date, you can pay the prorated fee for the remaining license term plus the full fee to renew the license for the next term. If you pay both fees, you will not need to renew the license until the end of the next license period
○ Check or money order payable to DCWP. (In person)
○ Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card only).
You will be charged a nonrefundable Convenience Fee. (In person or online)
Application Filing Process
- Review requirements and gather all materials before clicking the button below. The online service is available using a laptop or desktop computer only.
- If you haven’t registered an account with the City of New York, you will need to register an account before you can proceed to the online application.
- After you submit the online application, follow the instructions on the confirmation page. DCWP cannot process incomplete applications.
- Important: If you need to file another license application, return to the Apply for a DCWP License page to read requirements and proceed to the next online application.
File In Person
Schedule an appointment to file in person at the DCWP Licensing Center or NYC Small Business Support Center
|DCWP LICENSING CENTER
42 Broadway, Lobby
New York, NY 10004
By Appointment Only Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Last appointment: 3:30 p.m.
|NYC SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT CENTER
90-27 Sutphin Blvd, 4th Floor
Jamaica, NY 11435
By Appointment Only Hours:
Tuesday, Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Last appointment: 3:30 p.m.
By Email: LicensingAppointments@dca.nyc.gov
By Phone*: Call (212) 436-0441. (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
*This number is to schedule an appointment for in-person service only. For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Interpretation Services are available on-site. To request a disability-related accommodation, please email DCWP’s Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator at email@example.com or visit our Accommodations page.
Additional Resources for Industrial Laundry Delivery Businesses
- For resources to help your business open, operate, and grow, visit nyc.gov/business.
Get Voter Information
Note: Whether you apply to register to vote or not, it will not affect the assistance DCWP will provide to you.