File a Complaint

File Complaint

Having a problem with a business? Consumer Affairs Has Your Back. DCA enforces the City's Consumer Protection Law and uses mediation to help you resolve complaints against a business. 

Important Information about Complaints

Please review our Referral List (in PDF) to make sure that DCA is the right agency to handle your complaint.

Do you have a complaint against T-Mobile, MetroPCS NY, or any of its authorized dealers? Get information on filing a complaint.

Do you have a complaint against your employer about workplace protections (e.g., Paid Safe and Sick Leave Law, Fair Workweek Laws, Freelance Isn't Free Act, etc.)? Learn about your worker rights and file a complaint .

Ways to File a Consumer Complaint



1. Download and complete our complaint form (in PDF):

2. Submit TWO copies of the completed form and related documents (e.g., store receipts, warranties, contracts, etc.). Do not send originals.

Mailing Address:
NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
Consumer Services Division
42 Broadway, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10004

(212) 487-4482

What Happens to Your Complaint?

Our information sheet gives an overview of what happens when you file a complaint with DCA. Download the information sheet (in PDF):


U-Visa Information