File Your Taxes with NYC Free Tax Prep
The filing deadline (Tax Day) was April 15, 2019. However, you can still file your 2018 tax return for free at an NYC Free Tax Prep site or online through October 15, if you meet income requirements. If you owe the government money, be aware that late filing and/or late payment penalties may apply.
To use this service, you must have earned $66,000 or less in 2018, have a valid email address, and know your 2017 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) or Self-Select PIN.
- The online service is quick, easy, and secure.
- Step-by-step instructions help you accurately complete state and federal tax returns in about an hour.
File at an NYC Free Tax Prep Site
For most sites, you must have earned $54,000 or less in 2018.
- Knowledgeable IRS certified VITA/TCE volunteer preparers help you complete an accurate tax return.
- Some sites let you drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later.
- Some sites can even help if you:
- You have rights when using a tax preparer. Learn more.
- The IRS provides tax filers with many helpful resources. Learn more at irs.gov.
- Did you use an NYC Free Tax Prep site to file your taxes? Let us know on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using the hashtag #FreeTaxPrep.