File Your Taxes with NYC Free Tax Prep
File at an NYC Free Tax Prep Site
For most sites, you must have earned $54,000 or less in 2018.
- Knowledgeable IRS certified VITA/TCE volunteer preparers help you complete an accurate tax return.
- Some sites let you drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later.
- Some sites can even help if you:
To use this service, you must have earned $66,000 or less in 2018, have a valid email address, and know your 2017 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) or Self-Select PIN.
- The online service is quick, easy, and secure.
- Step-by-step instructions help you accurately complete state and federal tax returns in about an hour.
NYC Free Tax Prep-a-Thon
DCA will be hosting its second annual NYC Free Tax Prep-a-Thon, an all-day tax filing marathon and resource fair on Saturday, February 9, 2019 in all five boroughs
. Attendees who earned $54,000 or less in 2018 can have their taxes filed for free. Free screening for local, state, and federal health and human service benefits will also be available to help individuals find out if they are eligible. This family friendly event will offer fun activities for kids and a resource fair for individuals to learn more about the many City resources available to all New Yorkers. View event flyer for more details
Tax Filing Season Deadline
- You have rights when using a tax preparer. Learn more.
- The IRS provides tax filers with many helpful resources. Learn more at irs.gov.
- Did you use an NYC Free Tax Prep site to file your taxes? Let us know on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using the hashtag #FreeTaxPrep.