File Your Taxes with NYC Free Tax Prep
Tax Filing Season Begins January 28, 2019
New Yorkers need to be extremely wary of any promises to get their refund sooner—the IRS won’t accept returns until January 28, 2019 and can’t issue refunds until legally allowed. Note that some NYC Free Tax Prep sites can prepare your tax returns before January 28 and then submit when IRS systems open on January 28. Read press release at irs.gov
The filing deadline to submit 2018 tax returns is April 15, 2019 for most taxpayers.
File at an NYC Free Tax Prep Site
For most sites, to use this service, you must have earned $54,000 or less in 2018.
- Knowledgeable IRS certified VITA/TCE volunteer preparers help you complete an accurate tax return.
- Some sites let you drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later.
- Some sites can even help if you:
Please monitor this page for updates. A map to search for your local NYC Free Tax Prep site will be available in mid-January 2019.
To use this service, you must have earned $66,000 or less in 2018, have a valid email address, and know your 2017 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) or Self-Select PIN.
- The online service is quick, easy, and secure.
- Step-by-step instructions hhelp you accurately complete state and federal tax returns in about an hour.
Please monitor this page for updates. The link to the online NYC Free Tax Prep service will be available in mid-January 2019.
- You have rights when using a tax preparer. Learn more
- The IRS provides tax filers with many helpful resources. Learn more
- Did you use an NYC Free Tax Prep site to file your taxes? Let us know on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using the hashtag #FreeTaxPrep