File Your Taxes with NYC Free Tax Prep
File at an NYC Free Tax Prep Site
For families: Income of $64,000 or less in 2019.
For single filers: Income of $45,000 or less in 2019.
- Knowledgeable IRS certified VITA/TCE volunteer preparers help you complete an accurate tax return.
- Some sites let you drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later.
- Some sites can even help if you:
Prepare and file your federal income tax return for free using tax preparation and filing software through IRS Free File
- If your income is $69,000 or below in 2019, use Free File Online Products. Free state return options are available for eligible filers.
- If your income is above $69,000 in 2019, use Free File Fillable Forms. State tax prep is NOT available.
The IRS will begin accepting and processing 2019 tax year returns on Monday, January 27, 2020. The deadline to file 2019 tax returns and pay any tax owed is Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- You have rights when using a tax preparer. Learn more.
- The IRS provides tax filers with many helpful resources. Learn more at irs.gov.
- Did you use an NYC Free Tax Prep site to file your taxes? Let us know on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using the hashtag #FreeTaxPrep.