The Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) provides effective shared services to support the operations of New York City government. Its commitment to equity, effectiveness, and sustainability guides its work with City agencies on:
- Recruiting, hiring, and training employees;
- Providing facilities management for 55 public buildings;
- Acquiring, selling, and leasing City property;
- Purchasing more than $1 billion in supplies and equipment each year; and
- Implementing conservation and safety programs throughout the City's facilities and vehicle fleet.