Human Capital is responsible for providing Civil Service Administration, personnel-related shared services and guidance/enforcement on EEO related policies and practices for over 300,000 City workers in 40 mayoral agencies and 44 other governmental entities. To achieve this, Human Capital:
- Administers over 180 exams to more than 110,000 candidates on an annual basis.
- Certifies and audits the use of open-competitive and promotional lists.
- Oversees background investigations of City employees.
- Audits personnel histories of all City employees.
- Manages the City’s provisional reduction plan. Handles service requests related to human resources and employee health benefits through the NYC Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS).
- Develops City employees through Training/Development opportunities and internship and fellowship programs.
- Provides extensive outreach and communication to educate the public about careers in City government, civil service examinations and the hiring process.
- Produces the City’s Workforce Profile Report providing guidance to the City on workforce trends.
- Responds to inquiries on military rights.
- Manages a series of Employee Programs.