On January 5, 2016, Local Law 2 of 2016 was enacted which empowers the Mayor of the City of New York to authorize a program to reimburse qualifying nonpublic schools for the cost of procuring certain security services. The Mayor designated the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) as the Law’s administering agency, through the Division of Fiscal & Business Management (FBM). FBM is responsible for managing all aspects of the Citywide initiative, including but not limited to the processing of applications for new schools, re-certifications for existing schools, annual budgets, invoices for reimbursements, and conducting periodic training seminars.
DEPARTMENT OF CITYWIDE ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Notice of Public Hearing and Opportunity to Comment on Proposed Rules
What are we proposing? Pursuant to Local Law 2 of 2016, the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (“DCAS”) is proposing to amend rules implementing a reimbursement program for qualifying nonpublic schools that procure certain security services.
When and where is the hearing? DCAS will hold a public hearing on the proposed rules. The public hearing will take place at 10:00 am on October 4, 2019. The hearing will be in the Auditorium – 2nd Floor at 125 Worth Street, New York, New York 10013.
How do I comment on the proposed rules? Anyone can comment on the proposed rules by:
• Website. You can submit comments to DCAS through the NYC rules website at http://rules.cityofnewyork.us.
• Email. You can email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mail. You can mail comments to The Department of Citywide Administrative Services, c/o NPS Reimbursement Program,1 Centre Street, 17th Floor, New York, New York 10007.
• Fax. You can fax comments to The Department of Citywide Administrative Services, at (646) 500-7142-Attn: NPS Reimbursement Program
• By speaking at the hearing. Anyone who wants to comment on the proposed rules at the public hearing must sign up to speak. You can sign up before the hearing by calling(212) 386-0040. You can also sign up in the hearing room before the hearing begins on October 4, 2019. You can speak for up to three minutes.
Is there a deadline to submit comments? Yes, you must submit written comments by September 25, 2019.
Do you need assistance to participate in the hearing? You must tell DCAS by September 25, 2019 if you need a reasonable accommodation of a disability at the hearing. You must tell us if you need a sign language interpreter. You can tell us by mail at the address given above. You may also tell us by telephone at (212) 386-0040. You must tell us by September 25, 2019.
Can I review the comments made on the proposed rules? You can review the comments submitted online by visiting http://rules.cityofnewyork.us/. A few days after the hearing, copies of all comments submitted online, copies of all written comments, and a summary of oral comments concerning the proposed rules will be available to the public at The Office of the DCAS General Counsel at 1 Centre Street, 19th Floor North, New York, New York 10007.
You can access the full copy of the Proposed Rule Changes here.
If you have any questions regarding this email, please email the NPS Program at ContactDCAS@dcas.nyc.gov or call the NPS Hotline at (212) 386-0040.
You can email the Nonpublic School Security Reimbursement Program for more information.