To prevent the spread of COVID-19, HIICAP will transition to providing services exclusively over the phone only. If you have any questions call Aging Connect at 212-AGING-NYC (212-244-6469). Visit the DOHMH website for coronavirus updates
Health insurance experts answer questions about Medicare.
Do you have questions about Medicare? Confused about which plan is right for you? The Health Insurance Information, Counseling, and Assistance Program (HIICAP) is a free Department for the Aging resource for questions about:
- Medicare Part A and Part B plans
- Medicare Part D prescription drug plans and the Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage program (EPIC)
- Medicare Advantage (Part C)
- Medigap insurance to supplement Original Medicare
- How Medicare works with retiree coverage
- Medicare Savings Programs and Low-Income Subsidy to help pay costs
Download a list of HIICAP sites or call Aging Connect at 212-244-6469 for more information.
Download a Complete Guide to Health Care Coverage for Older New Yorkers:
Medicare Orientation Session
If you're new to Medicare or soon will be, join us for a free, monthly orientation session. The class includes information on the types of Medicare, Medigap insurance, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicare Savings Programs.