Notices and Recent Orders
Proposed rules have been published on NYC Rules, New York City’s one-stop portal for agency rule-making. Visitors to NYC Rules can comment online (or by regular mail) on any of the proposals during the public comment period. The NYC Department of Health will also hold public hearings where anyone can comment on the proposed rules.
Recent Orders for COVID-19
- Commissioner's Order to Require Schools to Meet COVID-19 Health and Safety Requirements (PDF, November 5)
- Cancellation of In-Person Instruction at Schools in Red and Orange Zones (PDF, October 12)
- City Agencies Authorized to Enforce Health and Safety Requirements, Including Business Closures (PDF, October 1)
- Temporary Suspension of Requirements for School Medical Rooms (PDF, September 15)
- Temporary Suspension of Certain Child Care Program Staff Qualification Requirements (PDF, September 15)
- Reopen Child Care Programs (PDF, July 7)
- Funeral Director Services (PDF, April 28)*
- On July 8, 2020, Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order 202.49 discontinuing the temporary suspension originally authorized by Executive Order 202.15, of the Not for Profit Corp Law 1517, 19 NYCRR 203.3, 203.6, 203.13, and 10 NYCRR 77.7(a)(1) and 77.7(a)(4) which allowed deputized agents of a funeral director to supervise removal, transfer and delivery of a body to a cemetery or crematorium. Therefore, the Health Code provisions of Articles 205 and 207 suspended/modified by this Order to allow deputized agents of a funeral director to supervise removal, transfer and delivery of a body to a cemetery or crematorium are hereby discontinued.
- Electronic Reporting of Deaths Requirement (Commissioner's Order) (PDF, April 10)
- Provision of Non-Congregate Shelters (PDF, April 3)
2020 Notices of Intention
2020 Notices of Adoption
Health Department Regulatory Agenda