Other Languages: Español | Русский | 繁體中文 | 简体中文
Guidance During Medium Alert Level
At this time, follow these prevention tips:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines: Get vaccinated and boosted. Vaccines are available for everyone ages 5 and older. Booster doses are available for everyone 12 and older.
- Wear a face mask in public indoor settings. Upgrade to higher-quality masks, including KN95, KF94, N95, or a cloth mask on top of a surgical mask. Higher-quality masks will most benefit people who are at high risk of severe illness, are over 65 or are unvaccinated.
- Get tested. Testing is especially important if you have COVID-19 symptoms or were recently in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. You should also get tested before and after traveling or getting together with others.
- Stay home if sick or recently exposed. Follow all isolation and quarantine guidance, including wearing a face mask. COVID-19 is highly contagious. You can spread COVID-19 even if you do not have symptoms.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer.
The Health Department is following CDC’s COVID-19 Community Levels and will adjust our guidance based on their criteria.
If NYC’s Alert Level is raised to High, the City will consider requiring face masks in all public indoor settings.